Le Petit Atelier - Practice Workshop
Why a Practice Workshop?
As a teacher, the most frequent feedback I get from students is how frustrating it is not to be able to speak French when put on the spot. If you’re trying to learn French and you currently are at a beginner’s level (meaning you already have a few hours of French under your belt), you’ve probably experienced one of the followings, too:
- your mind goes blank when trying to reply to a question in French (even a basic one);
- you’ve been learning for a while now but can’t seem to go very far past reading comprehension;
- your prononciation is nowhere near where you’d like it to be;
- you keep saying French people speak too fast (yes, we do) to understand anything they say;
- you feel like you can’t keep a conversation going because of a lack of vocabulary.
If any of these resonated with you, then you might want to check out what the Practice Workshop is about.
What is it about?
The French Practice Workshop is a 4-hour intensive session designed for people who already know some French and would like to strengthen and put their existing skills to practice.
The course is perfect for you if:
- you already have some knowledge of French (about a level A1 – advanced beginner)*;
- you would like to practice your speaking and comprehension skills but can’t find a friendly environment to do it (Yes, I know, we, French people speak very fast);
- you took a break from your learning journey but would like to practice again.
*If you’re not sure about your level, please get in touch here.
However, the course is NOT for you if:
- you are looking to learn some basic French. Although there will be plenty of exercises to practice French, this session is NOT a lesson. This course is designed to help you put your existing knowledge to practice.
- you are more of an advanced speaker. If the plus-que-parfait is a breeze, then this session might not be challenging enough for you. However, stay tuned as more sessions are coming soon.
French Practice Workshop
This one-day course is designed for people who already know some French and would like to strengthen and put their existing skills to practice.
- Course length: 4 hours
- When: Saturdays (see Outline for upcoming dates)
- Course Time: 10.00 am – 2.30 pm (30 mins break from 12.30 to 1pm).
- Location: Holborn
- Average class size: 6 -8 students
- Cost: £49